Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Car cranks, has spark, no power at fuel pump. Seems

Customer Question
Car cranks, has spark...

Car cranks, has spark, no power at fuel pump.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Seems consistant

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

4cyl.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Mitsubishi?

2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Lancer

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
12/14/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician
Hi my name is***** you check power to fuel pump when cycling key on and off or cranking it? The pump will only get power to pump for a second when key is just turned on.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Did you check pump power when cycling key?

If you want a phone call then you would have to select phone call.

Do you have the 2.0 or 2.4 motor? If 2.0 is it turbo?

Pump runs briefly.
I can hear it on key turn and while cranking.
Car stumbles and does not start.
Car starts and runs on a shot of starting fluid.

If pump runs for a second then it is getting power and should be pumping. Have you scanned the computer for codes that could be stored for the camshaft or crankshaft sensor?

No code scanner.
I replaced the pump. Tested old pump out of car and it ran on 12v.
4 cylinder.
How can I tell if 2.0 or 2.4?

The engine will not only need fuel pressure, spark at correct time and injectors to open at correct time. If one or both of those sensors are bad then it can cause the no start.

Why does it run perfect for a time on start fluid if sensors are bad?
The injectors are not opening and is caused by cam sensor
Do you have any other questions for me? If not then please enter a 5 star rating so I can get the credit for assisting you.
How do I test the sensors?
Delay from marginal cellular service.
Can sensor location?
I believe that I know how to test the sensors. What are the specs that I am looking for in ohms with meter right?
Cam sensor location?
You still there?

Sorry for the delay. My internet was down. Let me look up location for you.

the cam sensors are on the right rear of cylinder head. You will have two of them. One for intake cam and other for exhaust cam. The crank sensor is right rear of engine.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Did you have any other questions for me?

Mitsubishi Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 7 months ago

If no other questions can you please enter a 5 star rating so I can get credit for helping you and can get question closed out. Thanks.