Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have question about possible instrument cluster

Customer Question
I have question about...

I have question about possible instrument cluster malfunction in my 2003 Montero limited:

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montero yourself? What have you tried so far?

1) the temp gauge will intermittently show high temp reading. Have replaced thermostat and sending unit which had no effect on problem. Mechanic says the engine has coolant pressure and is not running hot. 2) on the 2wd/4wd indicator lights the right rear light has gone out/stopped working? in 2wd or 4wd high there are no noticeable handling effects

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking?

No coolant leaks, good pressure, no signs engine is overheating

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

2003 with 155k miles water pump was replaced around 90k mile

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
12/14/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

we either have an air bubble in the coolant system ( usually in the Heater Core( hard to get it out ,usualy we replace heater core ) or the instrument cluster gauges itself is the issue ,let him do bleeding on it few times ,then reverse flush the heater core and then retest if bleeding is good ,let him take cluster out and check the pins on the rear instrument panel connector for any loose or corroded making intermittent connection, if all looks good , then replace cluster will be last thing

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

radiator has been flushed...any answer to second part of qustion re:2/4wd indicator?

the 2wd/4wd light you mean stop illuminating ?

explain more what you mean by( and i quote ( on the 2wd/4wd indicator lights the right rear light has gone out/stopped working? in 2wd or 4wd high there are no noticeable handling effects) so i can answer you accurately

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat