Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Recently my garage fit the injector pump as repair manual…

Customer Question
Hello recently my garage fit...
Hello recently my garage fit the injector pump as repair manual says at timing points etc engine start from 1 st touch and run ok for 10-15 min then start smoke badly, white smoke and looks like to miss fire, when engine is hot it stop smoke but still at low rpm miss fire and shaking any idea ?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0jHGWVuxpw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EkefprJMLc
12/13/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 5 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not had the fuel injectors tested at all this should be done to see if any of the injectors are found to be an issue.I have seen fuel injector failures cause a smoke issue like this here as well as a misfire or running issues.If these were already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Hi yes injectors tested someone told me i may need set the -13 at pulley when doing timing
Hi need some more help video below we check the timing and set once again as shown at service manual smoke gone but engine is rough at idle when drive it drive good but when stop the rpm drop to around 800rpm for 2 seconds and then drop again to 600 and then engine start vibrating and the engine cut of at 4000rpm I attached video to show any ideas thank you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB-xVdS0Lb0https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp5m4MDdhCg

I apologize for the delay.

If the timing was checked and set properly I would have the injectors checked/tested for any issues as well as have the new pump tested/checked for any issues needing repaired.It is possible one or more injectors are an issue causing this fault or the new pump installed is defective needing replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician