Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My son ran out of gas and I think the gas shut off valve may…

Customer Question
My son ran out...

My son ran out of gas and I think the gas shut off valve may have been activated

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Starts ok . . . but now it turns over fine but won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

2003 mitsubishi galant 2.4 four cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Galant yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have done its of work on it . . . manifold repair, new co2 valve, new radiator, starter, and radiator sensor plug

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It's cold out here 20 degrees . . . my first though was the fuel injection was frozen . . . but triple aa tech suggested that that gas line shut off valve might have been triggered

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/12/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

The inertia switch only trips if you are in a collision. I recommend verifying power and ground to the pump then check and see if it is making pressure. Running a fuel tank low or empty is bad on a pump due to overspeeding and lack of fuel to cool and lube it.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris