Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

My ads light is on and it's says 4wd lock on service

Customer Question
My ads light is...

My ads light is on and it's says 4wd lock on service required

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Not a problem. You can work with the Mitsubishi Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

Outlander 2006 4wd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outlander yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
12/12/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are several things that will cause the ABS light to come on and it will require some testing to determine the cause of the problem.

The ABS light comes on when the ABS module sees a failure in a monitored component and sets a fault code. The problem could be anything from the brake switch to the module itself, wiring, the hydraulic control unit and pump motor, wheel speed sensors, the steering angle sensor or yaw sensor. The most common cause of an ABS light would be a bad wheel speed sensor. IF the four wheel drive light is related then you most likely have a wheel speed sensor related issue.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool to see what fault codes have set in the ABS module and then testing can be done from there based on the findings.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician