Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Rough idle, leaking oil. I'm taking it for a tune up in the…

Customer Question
Rough idle, leaking oil ...

Rough idle, leaking oil

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?

No. I'm taking it for a tune up in the morning. Wondering what to expect.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

2005 galant se

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Galant yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet. The problems just started. This was never a primary vehicle now it is. For the past three weeks I have been putting about 2000 miles a week on her. No the engine is idling rough. Its never sounded like this before.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I know a timing belt is needed but financially I can't swing that right now. And I have no ac so likely my compressor failed

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
12/11/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Is the idle low or high or going up and down?

Is there a misfire at idle?

Where abouts is the oil leaking from or puddling?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris