Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Car wont start

Customer Question
Car wont start
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
12/8/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

You will need to supply me more information to help you with your problem. I need to know the year, make and model with engine size? Also is the problem a crank no start or does engine not turn over at all?

Car turn off while driving, and after try to restarted it won’t start we checked everything that could stop it to start nothing work . Mitsubishi Endeavor 2004
Have the computer scanned for stored codes and let me know?
Its gave us nothing ,it’s not says what the problem is

If computer has no codes stored then the problem is going to be the fuel pump most likely and will need to have fuel pressure tested to see if pump in the tank went bad.

We tested the fuel pump is good

Okay lets start over. Can you tell me everything you have tested or tried to do to fix the problem so i do not ask questions that you already tried? Like do you get spark to the spark plugs and have you tested or replaced the crankshaft sensor?

we did that ,i replaced the crankshaft sensor on week before it’s turns off

Why was the sensor replaced before you started to have problem? What else have you replaced?

Did you start having problem after you put in the crank sensor?

NO ,just turn off maybe 4days later

If it started to have problems with stalling after you put in the sensor then need to check sensor and connector to sensor to see if it is cause of stalling.

OK I will check

Okay. Let me know?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Did you still need my assistance?

sir my mechanic don’t have time to check it yet

Have you had chance to have computer tested for codes yet? Did you replace crankshaft sensor before having the problem of no start? If so, did you try and replace the sensor again or check connector to see if it is loose or broke?

No computer test ,Yes I replaced it befor the problem .

The new sensor may have failed or connector or wires to sensor damaged. Check connector and wiring to it and if okay then replace sensor to see if fixes problem.

My mechanic guy said why no sign from the computer say crank sencor ,but he will change it tomorrow

Let me know if this fixes the no start problem after it is changed? Sometimes it will not set a code if problem happened during cranking. If it was intermittent or happening when driving down the road is when it will set a code.

To be honest with you the car turned off with me while driving ,after 3 days from the mechanic chop ,after changed then crank sencor
what your advice if they change crank sensor and the car not start.

I suspect the sensor or connector failed. You did not have this issue until after the sensor was installed. If the sensor does not fix it then you may need to have ignition checked for spark and may be a cam sensor also.

The first problem was,while I am driving it I felt my car shaking and I brought it to a mechanic shop they checked it and code said crank sencor and they change it , and everything was good ,the code wasn’t said what else have problem and i have no sign of anything. After 3days while driving for work and I felt my car little speed up she does the same way when you about to out of gas and I don’t pay attention with it while stop from a stop sign the car just turn off since that they she never won’t to start again.

Crankshaft sensor can cause both of these problems and since it had problem before and similar issue now Have them replace defective sensor and check connector for damage.

Hi, Can you please enter a 5 star rating so I can get credit for assisting you? If you have additional questions please respond here so I can assist you. Thanks.