Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse I took the engine out of my…

Customer Question
I have a 1999...

I have a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse I took the engine out of my 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse the injectors or not spitting fuel to the cylinders

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eclipse yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am fixing it myself I have change the timing belt the camshaft sensor the crankshaft sensor did knock sensor ignition switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have also tested the injectors they come on but they're not sending fuel to the cylinder in my engine is turning over

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
12/6/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases, you may need to swap over the engine wiring harness and computer to allow this engine to work in this model.Incorrect wiring or computer can cause an issue and since these are different years it is very possible this is the cause.If this was already checked or done let me know here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

The engine girl kind of start if I spray starter fluid in the intake however it will stop once the starter fluid has evaporated I checked the fuel rail I am getting fuel shooting injectors I checked injectors they work however they are the wiring harness or computer is not telling them to fire. What can I do to have the injectors fire
I have read that there is a auntie death relay on this car if this is correct can you tell me where it is located also I have also read that is a way to bypass the auto shutdown relay which may be causing the injectors not to fire can you tell me how to bypass that

There is a relay for the theft horn but this is only for the horn operation in case of a vehicle break-in.The theft system is controlled by the engine ECU and ETACS ECU.If the engine you installed is not compatible with the vehicle it is in you may need to have the computers reprogrammed or replaced.I am not 100% sure this is even compatible to work in your model.I do not see a bypass for this model.I suspect you will need to get the PCM programmed ( engine ECU ) to see if the theft system can be disabled.On some Mitsubishi models, the theft system can be disabled with programming from a dealer or possibly a facility that does after market programming.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

I had a new ECU programmed and installed and still had the same problem it would only turn over but not starch so I returned that one and got the original back do you have any idea on what could be causing the injectors not to fire

Do you have at or near 12 volts DC on one wire at each injector with the key on or engine cranking over?

Which way should that be on

Looks like all of the red wires at each injector.You should see around 12 volts DC with the key on or when cranking.

Let me know,thanks Pete.

There is no red wire going to the injectors each has two wires one of which is green and orange
On cylinder number 1 the other wire is yellow with a black stripe
on cylinder number 2 it has a light orange wire
On cylinder number 3 it is yellow with a white stripe and on cylinder number 4 is green with a black stripe the only common wire going to all injectors is green with an orange stripe so which one should have 12 volts or close to it

O.k.,you should have two wires at each injector.

One of those two wires should have at or near 12 volts DC with the key on or when cranking over the engine.Let me know if any of the two wires at each injector have 12 volts on them.

I have 12.2 on the green with an orange stripe wire

O.k.so the asd relay and fuses are working like they are suppose to.It is the ground pulse signal you are missing from the engine computer.

Did you put the computer in from the 1995 model and put it into your 1999 and make sure all wiring colors and locations matched with this engine?

No they had two different computers
With two different wire harness
The one for the 95 only has one place for the wires to plug into the one for the 99 has 2

O.k.,so did you swap over the wiring harness and computer to match the engine you put in then?

No
The 95 and the 99 have the same engine I changed over only the engine and the sensors that plug into it to match up to the 99

O.k., the wiring is different between the 1999 and 1995.The injector signal wiring is different as well as other wiring.Even though they are the same engine you would need to swap over the computer and wiring harness in order for this to work.The pin out is different as well as wire colors and locations.This will cause all kinds of issues trying to operate the engine that is not made for your model year with the incorrect computer and harness.

Thanks Pete

If I put the injectors from the 99 in would it work

Unfortunately, this would not work as the wiring and computer are different.The wiring and computer would need to be swapped out and wired in to make this engine run.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?