Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ive got a 2000 Mitsubishi Galant that wont idle after warmed…

Customer Question
Ive got a 2000...

Ive got a 2000 Mitsubishi Galant that wont idle after warmed up. It has been to the Mitsubishi dealer for two weeks and they cant find the problem. It will run and idle good cold then after it warmes up it stalls at stops or setting there. Has a new idle air control motor a new mass air flow sensor and a new intake manifold. This vechicle only has 55,000 miles. Also has new timing belt and water pump.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?

It is new 500 iles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Galant yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am now because the dealer can't.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

T6he dealer put a new mass air flow sensor a new idle air control motor and the new timing belt and water pump.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
12/5/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.