Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Car was running fine. Turned car off and now it will just…

Customer Question
Car was running fine...

Car was running fine. Turned car off and now it will just crank but not start. Already replaced spark plugs and checked for spark. All fuses are good Not sure what the issue is. 2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse 2.4L

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? When did you last check the plugs?

106k and i just replaced this morning

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eclipse yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Have checked for resistance on all coil packs and they are all within spec range. Fuel pump is putting out fuel when you disconnect the line from the pump. All fuses are good.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/3/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that will cause a no start condition and it's going to require some testing to determine exactly what is going on. If you do have ample fuel pressure, which needs to be tested with a gauge, then the issue may be lost spark, a fuel quality concern, it could be an exhaust restriction, possibly a cam timing issue.

The first step in diagnosing the problem was to check for fault codes using a scan tool or code reader. Have you checked for codes?