Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have changed fuel filter 2003 pagero and now try to

Customer Question
Have changed fuel filter...

Have changed fuel filter 2003 pagero and now try to accelerate and can not get above 50km an hour. But when in neutral it seems to rev fine?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?

Inside tank

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '03 Mitsubishi?

Gls

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just fuel filter it was this last time i had same problems

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just this

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
12/3/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few possible causes for a lack of engine power. If the problem seemed to start after the work was done then there may have been an installation issue, it may have been an incorrect part, there may be debris in the tank that is restricting flow into the fuel pump.

What was the reason for replacing the filter?

Have you checked for fault codes?