Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My passenger side window will not roll up we have changed…

Customer Question
My passenger side window...

My passenger side window will not roll up we have changed out switches and window motors and still can’t get it to roll up what else could’ve it be I have a 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse gt 3.0 v6

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

312,000 and it’s a manual transmissin

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eclipse yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes changed the switch the window motor and nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The fuses have been checked also

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
11/26/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Ok we will need to do some electrical testing, do you have a multimeter?

we do

does it not work from both switch positions?

We haven’t tried it because my husband thinks he left it at work
I have I test light would that work

ok at the main switch on drivers side pull it and check pin 8 green and red/white 7 for power and ground when switch is is up position you will have power on one and ground on the other, and vice versa for down

I’ll have that with a test light correct

yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlna_kUt7As

heres a video on how

are you checking the right pin? there should just be a slid green wire on pin 8 and then red/white wire pin 7 red is the dominate color then a white stripe

Yep the green wire I touched and got the light to light and then touched the red/white and sparks flew did I do something wrong

you may have crossed terminals, I dont know, maybe wait for the voltmeter?

Ok we will get it from my husbands work tomorrow and then I’ll text you once we have it and have tested the bolts for 7 and 8

sounds good see you tomorrow!

Thank you
Now that it’s light outside and I can see I got the test light and put it to the green and it lit up and then I tested the red white ground and it lite up also

you verified alternating power and ground with the switch in each position?

I also checked the passenger side and now my electrical system is going crazy and now I have no power

OK you may have blown a fuse, I would check the fuses in the main panel to see what has blown and then try your tests again with multimeter

My husband was able to reset my computer but now after I have manually rolled up the window by taking the whole window components out and moving the window up when I turned on the car without touching the button to roll the window up or down the window automatically rolls down on its own it’s never done this before