Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How to remove the flat tire from a 2004 Mitsubishi montero…

Customer Question
How to remove the...

How to remove the flat tire from a 2004 Mitsubishi montero sport. I've jacket it up and removed the lug nuts but the tire won't come off. there';s a clip system that held the plastic cover but I don;t know why the tire won;t come off??? Please advise...

Mechanic's Assistant: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?

No Is there something else holding it on?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montero Sport yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've jacked it up and removed the lug nuts. It's still on the jack elevated about an inch above the pavement. But the tire won;t wiggle or move at all

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
11/25/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Randall, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Randall
Randall, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, I am Randall. This does happen at times when a wheel has not been removed in some time. The hub of the wheel sticks to the axle persay, You are going to think I am crazy BUT trust me on this, It will Do NO harm and we do in the shop often. Put say 3 lug nuts back on BUT leave them a few turns loose. so basically hand run the nuts on, then? turn them back say 4 -5 turns. Then let jack down, start and put in gear and drive forwards a few feet then backwards a few feet, The wheel will pop freeing NO harm. if it does not work on first try. loosen the nuts a little more. and retry the driving forward and backwards. the ONLy other option is to try hitting inside of the wheel with large firm rubber hammer. The trick I suggest is the best and does work