Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It was having issues starting and it was obvious it was

Customer Question
It was having issues...

It was having issues starting and it was obvious it was starter. So i chamnged my starter. And now i have no issues with it turning over. The starter seems fine but it wont fire. Its like its nit getting fuel or spark. The fuel pump is working and it is getting spark. I have hooked a obd2 to it and light goes orange and says no dtc. Im at a loss now. I have thought timing but thats a job i have never done so im hoping its a more simple answer. Dont have the funds to send it to a shop

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

On the obd2

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

2008 eclipse

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eclipse yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am. I have smchecked fuel pump b

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

And spark pligs and fuses

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/22/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Jake, Automotive Technician replied 7 months ago
Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician
Hey there, thanks for the question. I notice you said it sounds like fuel and spark, but then mentioned afterwards thAt fuel pump is working and you have spark? Can you clarify? What did you do to verify fuel pump operation and did you visually check for spark when cranking?
I can hear fuel pump start and I pulled out plugs and connected boot and touched spark plug to a piece of steEl. What I meant is it chugs but won't quite fire like it would of it were fuel or spark. I smell a strong oder of gasoline in exhaust when I try to fire it
Since you smell a strong fuel odor, try fully depressing the gas pedal while cranking the engine to see if it clears the flood.
If you have fuel AND spark then compression is a concern here.
OK and decompressing the pedal should solve that?
It will let air in the engine to clear the flood condition. So we can proceed from there if it still won’t start.