Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2005 lancer. I do suspect the cable popped in the…

Customer Question
I have a 2005 lancer...
I have a 2005 lancer. I do suspect the cable popped in the sunroof. However Mitsubishi tells me that the cables are no longer sold. How do I get this thing to close.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
11/21/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So basically you will need to pull down the headliner and access the cables and detach them if that is the problem and manually slide the unit back into place

Im looking around online and it looks like it may be available at different dealerships have you tried calling around??

I am being told that they are not available any more

have you pulled down the unit and inspected for the fault yet?