Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Coolant leaking from the back of the motor. seems to be

Customer Question
Hi, coolant leaking from...

Hi, coolant leaking from the back of the motor. seems to be coming out of the gearbox

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And have you tested the actual mix of your coolant?

Yes. we are trying water as we lost it all

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

94 I think. very old

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have checked the radiator, thats fine just can see the water dripping form the gearbox

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Blowing lots of smoke. water is coming from the bottom of trans. we are unable to see where exactly

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
11/19/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Next your going to want to pressure test the system tp pinpoint the the leak, you will need a pressure tester for this, if you dont have one they have them at the local auto parts store at the tool loaner program