Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

2004 Endeavor XLS. Just bought it with 104,000 mile.

Customer Question
Miticulously maintainded. Nearly showroom condition. However...
2004 Endeavor XLS. Just bought it with 104,000 mile. Miticulously maintainded. Nearly showroom condition.
However, someone has fooled with the shifter linkage. The cable that allows key to be removed is disconnected and pushed forward so that the key can be removed. The spring is missing. Thw white plastic linkage where the cable attaches has been tie wrap strapped to the rear. Don't know yet how this affects the problem which is that the shifter is hard to move and is not in exactly the correct position for park, neutral, reverse or drive. Also there appears to be some kind of small lever that is blocking and will not permit the shifter to move over to the manual position. Other than what I have mentioned, the transmission shifts perfectly and is very smooth. Any suggestions on how I can fix this without taking it to a shop?
Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Mitsubishi
11/18/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: tech0405, Auto Service Technician replied 30 days ago
tech0405
tech0405, Auto Service Technician
Good morning since you are missing parts and things are not done correctly you will need to replace the shifter assembly with the cable this way the shifter will not have issues and you also will not have issues with removing the key one you replace and adjust the cable from the shifter to the ignition key housing . I hope this helps . Please don’t forget to provide start feedback rating for the help thank you
tech0405
tech0405
tech0405, Auto Service Technician