Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

Could you tell me if the 2017 ed outlander has a satellite

Customer Question
Hey Doug could you tell...
Hey Doug could you tell me if the 2017 ed outlander has a satellite antennae in it and where I could find the end of it?
Also the wires for the aux port addon. I see some wires attached to one of the blanks below the climate controls what are they for?
Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Answered in 1 day by:
11/19/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 28 days ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

I am sorry no one has responded yet. I know you must be thinking " I have been taken or this is a scam" Neither are the case. Sometimes there are more questions than we can get to and we just keep getting farther and farther behind. Today I have worked my fingers numb and just can not get to everyone. I am pretty sure I can help. Sometimes customers need help now and if help comes later it is just to late. In your case if it is not to late, let me know and I will do my best to earn your business.

Chris

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Well I would love the help as I have the upper half of the dash apart and the radio out looking for these wires. I have the glovebox off as well. I saw previous years had the aux wires in the rear of the console but they are not there on mine.Thanks

The normal AM/FM antenna on the roof also contains the Satellite antenna. 2 of the wires go to the radio and one wire goes to the satellite receiver behind the right end of the dash.

Those other wires you found can you get me some close up and far away pictures. It is hard to find out what wires go to when not connected but I will try. Often we have to follow said wires back to a connector or component to figure out what they are for.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
where exactly is the end of the sat wire found? I will take pics of the wires under and next to the radio in the morning.

Here is a link to the tuner and cable location https://www.dropbox.com/s/si29ezulw20q6za/tuner.pdf?dl=0

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
the other picture is of the connector behind the blank on the bottom of the console. Also in the back of the radio there is a 3.5mm female jack but aux doesnt work when i connect a wire straight to it.

Do you need a wire diagram to see the wire colors for all things radio related?

I only got one picture of the switch plate where your power point is.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
That would be great Chris

Here is the wire diagram. https://www.dropbox.com/s/z63v3ldgwnoxepq/rad1.pdf?dl=0 I had to post the 16 year model diagrams, the 17 year model will not let me save it.

Mitsubishi Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 27 days ago

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Hey Chris I am sorry but still struggling here to figure this out. I want to use the oem satellite wire in my aftermarket sirius tuner because i have lifetime on it. For the life of me I can not locate what looks like a sat wire. The fm antenna wire runs with that other wire that connects to a violet wire in the harness in the pic i gave u. Is that gps or sat wire?

The only picture you gave me was a picture of your cigarette lighter.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/VfOqQp8m/20171119_100147_898.jpg.The black wire is the fm antenna and the gray which follows it also comes from the shark fin but what is it for? It looks more like a normal wire than a sat wire when disconnected from the harness
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
i sent 3 pictures with the power outlet picture did the other 2 not come through?

I just got the picture with the wire harness and yellow tape. What is concern in this picture?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
The gray wire in the middle that connects to the violet wire. As I said it travels with the fm antenna from the shark fin in the back. I would like to know what that wire is for? gps satellite or something else?
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 26 days ago

According to the wire diagram there is not a gray/green wire connected to the antenna.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician