Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The rear door lock won't lock. Not with power lock, and I…

Customer Question
The rear door lock...

The rear door lock won't lock. Not with power lock, and I can not turn the key in that direction to lock it either. Any ideas how to fix it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Yeah steering wheel is fine. Key shows no damage

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

2004 montero sport ls

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montero Sport yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I have tried wiggling key in rear door lock to see if it was grime keeping it from moving. It turns in the unlock direction only, not the lock direction.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/17/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: tech0405, Auto Service Technician replied 5 months ago
tech0405
tech0405, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon is it the rear lock on the tailgate or in the rear door itself??

The rear door itself.

Ok you will need to replace the door latch actuator in that door to have it work properly it has seized internally that it will not let the latch operate the correct way . I hope this help please dont forget to provide feedback star rating thank you

tech0405
tech0405
tech0405, Auto Service Technician