Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The car was sputtering a little on occasion but tonight the…

Customer Question
The car was sputtering...

The car was sputtering a little on occasion but tonight the power steering belt broke and I drive the car to a better lit part of the parking lot to see under the hood. After turning it off and talking to my boss for half an hour I came out and started it up and it ran for a few seconds and shut off. I started it again and it shut off again and smelled of raw gas.

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

I checked the fluid level tonight and it's OK. There was a whining noise when starting it up the last few times but it would stop after warming up.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

2000 Gallant 4 cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replaced the radiator last month but not into timing belts or electrical troubleshooting.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The front of the engine around the valve cover looks like fresh oil leaking out? the oil level checks OK though.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
11/14/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Can you do some basic repairs and procedures as I would advise you to replace that leak because it can be sucking air through the PCV valve through that leak. Also replace the PCV.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return. Be sure to please take a quick moment and rate my assistance by clicking the stars above. Thank you for rating and for using Just Answer.