Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have A 3.5 Pajero GDI V6 engine this morning it gave me a…

Customer Question
I have A 3.5...

I have A 3.5 Pajero GDI V6 engine this morning it gave me a P0109 error,

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

I have a code reader, the car has around 180000

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Pajero?

2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pajero yourself? What have you tried so far?

And i get a low voltage on my Sound system, reading like 10V when the car is off and 12.2V when the car is running, but on the OBD it reads 13.8V to 14V I have not tried anything yet, this morning I did a scan and it gave me the P0109 error, i was researching this error and it took me to MAP sensor,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

So I wanted to now where I find this sensor on the engine,

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
11/13/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: 350matt, Engineer replied 8 months ago
350matt
350matt, Engineer

Hello

to get that fault is a but odd as this engine doesn't have a separate MAP sensor?

the barometric pressure sensor is built into the MAF ( mass air flow) sensor thats on the intake so I suspect that its this thats causing the issue and flagging up the code

So it’s worth cleaning the MAF sensor wires, as they can get coated with dirt over time which then offsets the reading
Use some contact cleaner or brake cleaner to spray onto the wires to remove the dirt – on no account touch the wires with anything as they are very fragile

If you can tell me how the car is driving with this fault I can try and diagnose further

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you