Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

I have had problems with a whining sound for years and no…

Hi. I have had...

Hi. I have had problems with a whining sound for years and no one could tell me what was going on. The car is otherwise healthy. I was researching on line and found out that it's a transmission problem that Mitsubishi knew about and would fix y see warrantee. The dealer never addressed it and you can literally hear the cat coming and I now have too many miles on it for the warranty to cover it. I don't know what to do since it's been a problem for over 4 years now.

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

It's been a few months since I specifically brought it in to check the transmission again. This noise has been going on for years. Every time I have had the fluids checked everything is fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

2008 outlander

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outlander yourself? What have you tried so far?

The only thing we have fixed ourselves is putting a new fan for the Air Conditioner.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it thanks

10/22/2017
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

so if the noise has gotten worse it may be past the point where the tsb will fix the transmission and the entire unit may need to be replaced.

It's not worse. It just is. But it's been doing this for a long time and dealer said when they put it on the machine there were no codes coming up
So if I can find someone who knows what they are doing are you telling me that they may look at the transmission and tell me because it wasn't addressed earlier the fix Mitsubishi has listed will not be adequate and I would need to put in a certified rebuilt transmission since the rest of the vehicle is fine.

Yes that is what im telling you, what have they said at dealership?

They don't address it. I have been stuck with them since my wonderful Mitsubishi dealership went out of business after I bought this one (my third). From rotating my tires wrong to leaving the radiator cap off to trying to over charge me when I have a price for the part on my phone. It's awful. I will have to drive about an hour to go to a different dealership but if a dealership is where you suggest I go to get this fixed because it would be more cost effective than buying a new vehicle I will.

They not only should fix the trans but give you a loaner vehicle to drive or compensation for a rental, I would take it to a different dealer and call ahead and ask them about a loaner vehicle, the bigger the dealer the more likely they are to help you

Ok I will not deal with the port richey dealer. I will call Ocala and Tampa. Thanks for your help.

This question stays open after you rate me and if you have any other problems or issues when your at the other dealer or just some general questions feel free to contact me with anything you may need, the orginal fee you paid will cover anything else and there are no extra charges

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Shawn.

.

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician