Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

MY 2003/ 04 Endeaver has literally lived at the mechanics…

MY 2003/ 04 Endeaver...

MY 2003/ 04 Endeaver has literally lived at the mechanics for the past 4 months. Oops sorry.. It started out with a fairly noticeable "jerking" while I was driving it. I was going about 40 miles per hr. It did it only once. However, This was repeated 3 more times in as many days. I cannot name the amount of things that have been replaced now. Still the problem persists. The mechanic tells me the car is ready. I pick it up. I have the car less than 24 hrs and BAM.. I stall again at a traffic light. Any ideas? Current miles are 187.8

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Traffic lights. It will stall when the car idles

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '03 Mitsubishi?

?

Mechanic's Assistant: What confuses you?

It's an Endeaver

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. since all the factory warranties are no longer valid. We found a mechanic a few years ago. He works on all of our cars. Here's the list of repairs so far:He replaced the fuel pump and changed the oil.In addition, the following has been done to the car:New tiresNew front brakesNew spark plugsNew coil packsNew catalytic converters and headersNew O2 SensorNew manifold water hoses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Does it cost to speak to him?

10/20/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • INFORMATION, I have no magic ball, please give me all the details you can.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Prior the car was jerking now stalling?

Does it only stall when coasting, braking or stopped?

Any issue while driving?

Any warning lights on?

Does it restart easily?

Sometime s I can get it to restart. But not always. The check engine light was a constant for a long time. But the mechanic said it was because the catalytic converters had to be replaced. Sometimes it still comes on. Ha It doesn't drive like it did. It feels like it has no power. It will shutter slightly then stall. It only stalls while slowing down. First sign of this problem was a few months ago. It jerked pretty hard while I was driving it. It did it 3 more times in as many days. This has been a great vehicle until now. Never any major issues. The mechanic told me it doesn't drive like that for him. But I am original owner. I have had it for 13 years now. I know how it should drive. Everytime he tells me it's fixed. Within 24 hrs or less. I'm having it towed. Lol

Do you know which trouble code numbers are stored?

Can I get the vin# ***** get the accurate year model?

I'm not a mechanic. So no I don't know what codes showed up. The car is at the shop. So no vin number available at this time. All the service paperwork including purchase and owner's manual is ...you guessed it. In the glove compartment of the car. According to this guy. When the fuel pump was replaced. Just a few days ago. It doesn't show a code for that repair. I think I need to cut my losses on this one. It is older with high miles.

Do you think you could get the info I asked for and respond tomorrow?

It didn't throw an error code
VIN - 4A4MN21SX4E127208

Odd there are no codes but they did repairs that would be linked to repairs only done based on certain trouble codes stored. You may not be getting correct information. You said the check engine light had been coming on, that means there should be codes stored. Your concern is the car is stalling when not accelerating On your model that normally means the electronic throttle body is dirty and sticking or is not working correct. I would try a cleaning and reset of the computer as my first step.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician