Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Do you have experience with 1992 pajero/montero sunroofs?

Customer Question
Doug, Do you have experience with...
Doug,
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Answered in 6 days by:
10/20/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that could prevent a sunroof from working properly, especially depending on what is happening. The problem could be the motor, it could be a mechanical issue with the guides, there may be an electrical issue with the motor's power or ground.

What symptoms are you trying to diagnose?

The sunroof is on a 1992 pajero 2.5L right hand drive. It opens and closes fine but at the end of the close cycle it doesn't push the glass completely up to flush with the roof of the truck. Is the roof supposed to protrude above the surface of the glass or be flush with it. The glass panel seal does contact the roof opening surround but it just does not seem to come up far enough. What is normal operation for these type/vintage sunroofs?Thanks-
Has the glass been adjusted?
What do you mean “adjusted”? I did loosen the brackets and made sure the glass was oriented evenly in the opening and there is about a quarter inch of play on the slotted holes of the stop plates on the tracks that i have tried in both extremes with no change. Other than that i cant see any adjustments.

The vertical position of the glass should be adjustable where it mounts to the guides.

Not that i can see

You removed the screws that attach the glass to the guides and the holes were not slotted?

Thats correct
Remember its a 1992

Please post the VIN.

V444031894

The VIN is 17 characters.

Thats what is on the title. The truck is not close by right now so ill check the data plate when i can

Ok.