Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an eclipse and it’s having issues with acceleration,

Customer Question
Hello. I have an...

Hello. I have an eclipse and it’s having issues with acceleration, it’s slow to take off and to build speed. It also makes a popping noise while driving. I’ve been advised of a possible crack in the engine and replacement on the catalytic converter and air pump. Is this basically a lemon that should be disposed? I have no current investment in it at this point.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

So I was told that the Cadiz

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Eclipse?

I was told it was the cadalitic converter and needing an air pump. Now I was told the car was ok but after about three of receiving the car I hopped in and all of the sudden I felt like the car was going to die. I pulled over and then drove off but the acceleration was low. The rpms were also fluttering in drive when at a stop. It’s a 98

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eclipse yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven’t tried fixing it I was told by a mechanic it wasn’t worth fixing even after he had cleaned it out. He also said after hooking up his computer the car didn’t read back to him

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

There is also a crack in the engine

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
10/5/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

What year and engine size? Thanks.

It's a 98 but I do not know the engine size

Turbo or non turbo? Why do you say there is a crack in engine?

I believe non turbo it's a "gs" the owner who gave it to me said it had a crack

It sounds like vehicle has more issues then it is worth unless you were to do the work yourself or have a friend who could do the work really cheap. I would recommend selling it and buying something else, if body still looks pretty nice I'd ask 1000obo. At a shop to have crack/leak fixed, catalytic converter fixed, and misfire fixed you would be looking at over the $1000 at a shop. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Perfect thank you

No problem, I'm happy to help. Thanks again and have a great day.

Mitsubishi Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 months ago

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer. Thanks.

Dan, Technician