Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have 10.4 volts going through my wiring system with the…

Customer Question
I have 10.4 volts...

I have 10.4 volts going through my wiring system with the battery disconnected i have also disconnected most of the wiring harness connectors going to things under the dash, even 2 of the connectors to the main ecu...

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

Yes i pulled all the fuses, most of the connectors under the dash and in the engine compartment

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

2001 mitsubishi eclipse 2.4l

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eclipse yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am fixing it myself. I am a tech, but not familiar with this car

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Still waiting. its been 30 minutes.
10/3/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 8 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, I need to get the last 8 of the vin number in order to pull the schematics to see where this voltage may be coming from

Hello Eric, Here is the last 8: 1E137459. The only thing else that I can think of is maybe the Alternator. I didn't disconnect any thing from that yet, that's all I can think of. TY
I am at work now and unable to be near the car. Try to tell me here the bast you can.

HI,

Going thru all the schematics, the only thing I see that would cause this is the alternator

The problem was 2 fold. 1 the battery had a internal short. 2 one of the bolts on the terminal end was loose, hence the loss of power when turning the key to start. New problem...P1610 code immobilizer error. I need to know how to get the key to relearn to talk to the ECM.