Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The whole left side of car stays on and i have to use a kill…

Customer Question
The whole left side...

The whole left side of car stays on and i have to use a kill switch to turn power off on car

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Mitsubishi lancer es 07

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Lancer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixing it myself i tried the multi function switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

And left turn signal stay on aswell

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Yes

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
10/1/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Jake, Automotive Technician replied 10 months ago
Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician
Hey there, thanks for the question. Since it's ONLY on one side then we can rule out the switch.
This is most likely the result of a chaffed harness providing a constant ground to the lighting circuit since it has continuous power.
So follow the harness up through the splash guard inside the fender.