Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Story short where my egr valve connects to pipe A on my 2005…

Customer Question
Long story short where my...
Long story short where my egr valve connects to pipe A on my 2005 mitsubishi endeavor there is a vaccum leak. I think i either need to replace pipe A or delete the EGR all together and I dont know if that is even possible. How hard is it to remove pipe A? How long would it take for a mechanic in a shop to do it? Is an EGR delete possible on a 05 Endeavor? The vehicle runs fine but I stall occasionally at park when the engine is hot due to the leak. Dont let drunk dad help you change your egr......
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
10/1/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to assist you. You can eliminate the EGR and will run fine as this is just a emission device. BUT it will not pass emissions so you may want to rethink that.

How would I go about deleting the egr? And how expensive are my other solutions?

As far as having a shop repair this , it usually takes 1-1 1/2 hour to do depending on seized parts and what all is needed when you get into it. There are some option how ever. [1] have a handy friend do it, [2] Phone around for the best price at a shop, [3] If your handy I can walk you through it, [44] shop around and on the internet for best prices for the parts you need. Hope this lets you know what is ahead and your options. Let me know if I can help you further.

If your going to just remove it you will need to make up a plate to block one end and pinch the pipe closed and seal it with braise as solder may melt there .

I am quite handy what are the steps to removing pipe A? Will I need a lift?

If the leak is right at the pipe and you can get at it you can also use muffler cement to pack around the leak make sure you give it plenty of time to cure and put a generous amount over the leak . this may be the cheapest and easiest to try.

would I need to reprogram the ECU if I deleted the EGR?

Not reprogram, but if it has a malfunction code stored in memory then you will have to erase it either with a code reader or pull the EFI fuse for 15- 20 seconds.