Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It is loosing power at 2000tr/min. Ta V75w LYHC0. 2006.

Customer Question
It is loosing...

It is loosing power at 2000tr/min

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

Ta V75w LYHC0

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Mitsubishi?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changing in tank fuel pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Yes 2 différents pumps

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It se ems to be à common problem for GDI models

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/1/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: 350matt, Engineer replied 10 months ago
350matt
350matt, Engineer

Hello

I think you're doing the right thing to investigate the fuel system

you say that you've replaced the in tank pump , have you measured the delivery fuel pressure to the GDi pump?

as this will also show if the fuel filter is clogged or if the pump is getting full power

I'd also use a diagnostic scan tool to see what the GDi is pushing out as the rail pressure should be at least 150Bar on full load and its not uncommon for these early GDi pumps to fail

The High pressure pump le Good and new. The diagnose tool Shows no error code. Replaced the in tank filtre also.

hello

OK I'd next check the following:

1) are you getting full throttle - remove the inlet pipe and have your assistant press the accelerator all the way down whilst you watch the throttle butterfly - it should go fully open so the butterfly is at right angles to the pipe

2) is the exhaust catalyst in good condition? They can collapse over time and block the exhaust so pull out the O2 sensor out or drop the down pipe off so you can peer in side the exhaust to check that the cat brick is still a regular honeycomb with no distortion

3) Check the resistance of the spark plug leads ( 13-15Kohm / metre) and replace if any doubt or high resistance - Also replace the spark plugs if any of them fail this checklist:

https://www.ngksparkplugs.com/about-ngk/faqs/spark-plug-faqs/how-do-i-read-a-spark-plug

You can also try spraying some water on the coil pack with the engine running. It is possible the coil is faulty and causing the misfire. If you see sparks arcing with the water, then replace the coil.

Ok. Will let you know when I complète this. Will check points 1 and 3. Thé exhaust catalyst brik was removed man'y years ago to prevent thé issue you are mentioning.

understood

I had my technician check the throttle and it seem that I do not get full throttle. When trying to turn it manually he can go beyond the 2000 tr/min.
He has used a computer which does not has the software for my car. But he selected a close model and he said that after 2000 tr/min the pressure of the high pressure pump drops suddenly. Do you think the throttle fault is causing the high pressure pump to fail after 2000tr/min ? Or do you think that we have 2 defective parts : the throttle and the high pressure pump ? Thanks

Hello

if there's a limp home mode enabled then this can limit throttle movement so it possible that the 'fault' is with the GDi pump and the ECU is limiting the throttle motion to protect the engine

I'd suggest the next step is to measure the resistance of the throttle body sensors - there should be a rising resistance and a falling resistance as you open the throttle by hand with the ignition off

this value should increase smoothly with no sudden changes or dips - if it does do this then it needs to be replaced

if this is OK then its possibly a fault with the pump

ideally I 'd say the most cost effective repair is going to a dealer or specialist with the correct scan tool so they can confirm what the fault code is as both the throttle and the GDi pump aren't that cheap to replace

My concern is that I purchased the GDI pump 3 years only ago. Do you think it can break that quickly ?

Hello

if its a pattern part then yes its possible for it to fail in that time - however if it was a genuine part I'd be surprised - unless its done 100k miles of course....

Do you know where i Can buy a genuine GDI High pressure pump and what would .be the Cost . Just à guesstimate.

GDi pumps are about £350-400 new and its an hour to fit

this firm ship internationally

https://www.milneroffroad.com/mitsubishi-japanese-import/pajero

I have checked the site you have suggested. Unfortunately it does not cover my model TA- V75W LYHCQ

Ok

try

http://www.davescottpajeroparts.com/

or

https://www.ks-international.com/mitsubishi-4x4-and-truck-parts/mitsubishi-4x4-parts.html

or

https://www.rexbo.eu/mitsubishi/pajero

or

http://www.japanese4x4parts.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8_qI6Z_V1gIV7LDtCh2Ypg7CEAMYASAAEgJV9PD_BwE

Hi!
So far I cannot find the high pressure pompe in the sites you have suggested for My model.

Hello

might be a dealer only part then

do you have a Mitsubishi dealer near you?

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you