Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an 08 Endeavor and the liftgate latch handle/switch…

Customer Question
Hi I have an 08...
Hi I have an 08 Endeavor and the liftgate latch handle/switch is failing. It is intermittent and usually doesn't work. I have been trying to remove the trim pieces inside the liftgate to get at the handle switch, but I can't get the cover off of the brake light that is just below the glass, that is holding the large lower trim piece in place I just can't see what is still holding those trim pieces in place. This vehicle does not have a latch to lift the glass only. There is just one handle and latch that opens the tailgate.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/30/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Randall, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Randall
Randall, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, are you speaking of the horseshoe trim that goes around the glass?

No, this is the lower trim piece, that covers the majority of the tailgate.

I am unsure. you have to remove the upper trim first, Have you done that

I removed the upper horseshoe piece but I can't release the lower piece at the top in the middle, where it sits underneath the high brake light cover
I mean the cover of the wiper motor

My info does not match as you described. I am sorry, I will opt out and reopen the post. Another expert should be along soon to help