Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

When I come to a stop the car shakes violently then dies,

Customer Question
When I come to...

When I come to a stop the car shakes violently then dies, but cruising it runs pretty well feeling wise. But when I go from a stop the rpms are low and shakey(below 1000) and it puts and back fires and almost wants to give up. Once I get past all that it doesn't accelerate at its 100 percent portion in fact if I drive accelerating fast the rpms won't move past 3000 and the car platuos at 40 mph. on a good when I can manage highway speed it doesn't really wanna stay at 70 mph it surges really bad and it's like a put put almost

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

I'm trying to check the fuel regulator right now but I can't seem to find it.. I'm not sure on the trans. Must be stock so since 03

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '03 Mitsubishi?

Fuel filters I think we're changed before I got the car a couple months ago, and spyder eclipse gts

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eclipse yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replacing the spark plugs and wires and distributor cap, I also replaced bank 2 sensor 2 today

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
9/26/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help.

I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your notes and have a couple suggestions to start with.

First we need to do some preliminary tests to check some basic functions first. This sounds like it could be a vacuum leak so what I would like you to do is [1] check the manifold vacuum at idle when warmed up , [2] Do a compression test on all cylinders.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician