Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm trying to replace the cup holder on my Mitsubishi

Customer Question
I'm trying to replace...

I'm trying to replace the cup holder on my Mitsubishi diamante 1994 - I realized after removing the screw that I can't take out the tray for the cup holder.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Mitsubishi Diamante. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

That's all thank you.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
9/20/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 10 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Directions are fairly sparse for this one, but you remove the audio panel, then the climate control panel and finally the cupholder, see attached

I already have the diagram and I can tell you where I got it from. The diagram does not show how to remove the panel. When I tried to pull the tray after removing the screw. The tray where the screw holes are located are being obstructed by the panel. The panel needs to be removed but I can't find any screw that's holding it.

The 2 screws are behind the console

Remove the ashtray from the console, remove the console screws below it, then remove the console

I remove the ashtray trom the console next to cigarette lighter and there's no screws inside the well, after removing the ashtray.

HI,

I will have to opt out then as that is Mitsubishi provides on their directions and it as been a long time since I have removed one of their consoles

If another expert may know, they will post here

Unfortunately, I have been charged for this chat which did not give me new information. I already have the diagram that you sent as well as other diagrams for this car.
Mitsubishi Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

sorry that is same schematic as other eric...do you have a pic of what you are tryi9ng to disassemble?

ill take a picture
The pictures are attached. First is panel where the cup holder is located, the cup holder tray and then the cup holder tray with the cup holders.
Mitsubishi Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

s​o the cup holder tray fits in that slot....was there anything there previously? or just empty?

Please look at my initial email and the photograpo I'm trying to replace my existing damaged cup holder tray. In order to replace it I need to take out the damaged cup holder tray. I don't know how to replace it. I have the new cup holder tray replacement. If you don't know the answer please say so we have been going around in circle.
Mitsubishi Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

so its stuck? no bolts or screws holding it in...I will opt out not familiar with this