Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2007 Mitsubishi that just slowed down to almost a…

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 Mitsubishi that just slowed down to almost a stop - shows ASC off, service required. What do I need to do?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 Mitsubishi?

Outlander

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outlander yourself? What have you tried so far?

It just occurred - turned off the engine, waited 5 min, now the car is running again but I don't know if I should take it to a dealership. I just had new brakes placed on the car last week.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?

183,196 miles - no the brakes were replaced about 5- 7 years ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

As I said before the brakes were replaced last week along with 2 new front tires and they were not able to rotate my tires because they didn't have the proper tools.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
9/20/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 11 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The asc stands for active stability control.The vehicle went into a fail safe limp mode causing the issue you see here when this light or message came on.This indicates a fault is detected with one of the vehicle stability components like a failing steering sensor or suspension sensor or possibly a wheel speed sensor fault.

What has to be done from here unfortunately in order to locate the cause is to have the fault codes read out with a compatible scan tool to see what codes are set.Once this is done the code(s) set then can be diagnosed to locate and repair this issue.This has to be done with a higher end compatible scan tool as some of the cheaper code readers will not be able to diagnose this.

The charge from a shop or dealer to diagnose it is usually around $100.The repair cost will vary depending on what is at fault and can run anywhere from $150 to over $300 to have repaired.

In some cases you can also get the codes read out at no charge to you at a local parts store.They will not be able to diagnose the fault but can give you an idea of what is at fault needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete