Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Shaking with the whole frame of the car as well as the front…

Customer Question
Shaking with the whole...

Shaking with the whole frame of the car as well as the front tires after just putting new ones on. constantly having to rebalance the tires then just the other day the tcl off light came on

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Ive always had the check engine light come on and off on its own. and now its my tcl off sensor that just came on the other day

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

Galant gts 2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Galant yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just got new tires on it 5 months ago and have to have it rebalanced due to shaking in the tires nothing to big. now its way worse and i dont think its because of the tires anymore

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It shakes way to much now and with that sensor going off now i have a feeling it might be the rack and pinion. when i turn now at any speed above 5 mph it shakes the wheel and now its shaking bad at high speeds

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
9/13/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Hello, can you tell me if you are driving and higher speeds and press the brake does it cause the steering wheel to shake as well?

shaking started at only 30-40 mph, now it shakes at 60 mph and when turing, very little shaking when braking

ok, this tells me that you might have a bad or broken belt in a tire or worse yet a lug can be loose .

do you work on cars your self?

i do what i can. some time ago i had a cv boot that was leaking. i tightened it and it had stopped . havent really had problems with it since
could this be a problem strickly with the tires? ive had them rebalanced about 4 times already and got the same tires as before

ok, so the only thing that can affect the steering wheel to shake is if the tie rods are moving, the only things that can affect the tie rods are the tires, rotors, and wheel bearings.

so if you have a jack i would put the front up in the air and put the car in drive and let someone slowly rotate the tires so you can watch the tire tread and the rim and see if its out of alignment or if things move straight ,

believe it or not you can balance any tire the issue is how the tread contacts the ground.

that is the first thing i would check. and then swap the front tires to the rear and see if the issue persists, if it does then its a wheel bearing issue especially since you have a traction warning on. the systems reads off the wheel bearings so if they are not in 100% alignment you can get a traction warning light.

that is what i would check first though is to see if you can see the tread on the tire straight on and if its moving uniformly.

let me know if this helps or not, you can reply as many times as needed.

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful , rating is just as important to me as your issue is to you. Please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech

I have taken my time to answer your question the best I could and I will continue to help if you need follow up information , all I ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so I may receive my credit for assisting you, Thank you.
Lou Palomino
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech