Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2004 mist. endeavor jerks when speeding up. Nothing

Customer Question
2004 mist. endeavor jerks...

2004 mist. endeavor jerks when speeding up

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Endeavor yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes nothing

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 11 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

This can be from the trans.

Here’s the sequence of events I follow:
Check fluid level and color. Make appropriate repairs.
Check shift solenoids with a scan tool in bidirectional mode if
applicable. Shift solenoids are inside the transmission and
this is the easiest way to check them.
Drop pan and inspect for excessive metal shavings inside
pan. Check valve body and clutches visually.
Hopefully you may not have to go this far, maybe you just
were a bit low on fluid.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

it dose the jerking around 30to 50 mph then it will level out it dose this mostly after it warm up

Yep, we're never going to know for sure what it is though without checking out a few things. Diagnostics is paramount, and I'm right here to help you through it all

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me