Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

I have a miss fire on my 1993 Eclipse GSX AWD even after I

I have a miss fire on my 1993 Eclipse GSX AWD even after I replaced the spark plugs plug wires and the coil. I am thinking I need new fuel injectors but dint know how many CC are stock
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Starts hard some times Mileage is not what it used to be
JA: Are you fixing your Eclipse yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Like I said new plugs wires and new coil yes I am working on it myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Compression test was 115 to 120 psi

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Have you verified spark on the cylinders?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have

so it could only be a few things at this point, have you measured fuel pressure and tested the fuel injectors yet?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have measured fuel pressure it is in spec.
I have not tested the injectors. Some times the car runs fine some times not if it is missing when you start it it will not quit. If it is not missing when you start it it might start missing

you could have a ground issue with the injectors, so when its missing you have fire on all coils ? I would check that and the injectors with a noid light,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok will try that

hows it coming?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have narrowed it down to a faulty fuel injector on cylinder number 2