Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I put in the after market streingwheel and then the srs

Customer Question
I put in the...

I put in the after market streingwheel and then the srs light came on but we unhooked the battery and put the original wheel back on and hooked everything back up like normal when we hook the battery back up will the srs light turn off???

Mechanic's Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?

No it only came on after installing the after market streingwheel but we put the original wheel back on and hooked everything back up will the srs light go off once we hook the battery back up??

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

1997 mitubishi eclipse

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eclipse yourself? What have you tried so far?

We so far after the light came on we took the after market streingwheel off disconnected the battery and put the original wheel back on and hooked the airbag back up and the horn and everything and haven't hook the battery back up yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/10/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: john aka eauto, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
john aka eauto
john aka eauto, ASE Certified Technician

have you scanned for air bag codes?

No I don't have scanner but everything is all hooked back up just like it was before the light came on
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello there,

If everything is refitted correctly, the code that was set previously should become a history code after 3 ignition cycles.

The light should then function normally.

At some point you should get the history code erased from the SRS module.

Always wise to have a clean slate before anything else new that might happen.

Hope this helps.

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary