Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My friend try to use a key that fits ignition but is not

Customer Question

My friend try to use a key that fits ignition but is not programmed in just a key I had made for unlocking doors. I think it tripped the immobilizer. Is there a way to reset the immobilizer so I can use the original key?
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 2003 gallant es
JA: Are you fixing your ES yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked a bunch of stuff out it still gets fuel pressure and spark and will run if we put gas in manually. Basically injectors are not functioning like they are turned off
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, try the following

Place correct key in the ignition and turn to on position. Disconnect the negative cable for 1 minute and reconnect. Wait 1 minute and turn key to off position for 5 seconds and then crank