Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My friend try to use a key that fits ignition but is not…

Customer Question
My friend try to...

My friend try to use a key that fits ignition but is not programmed in just a key I had made for unlocking doors. I think it tripped the immobilizer. Is there a way to reset the immobilizer so I can use the original key?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

2003 gallant es

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ES yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked a bunch of stuff out it still gets fuel pressure and spark and will run if we put gas in manually. Basically injectors are not functioning like they are turned off

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
9/10/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 8 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, try the following

Place correct key in the ignition and turn to on position. Disconnect the negative cable for 1 minute and reconnect. Wait 1 minute and turn key to off position for 5 seconds and then crank

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager