Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I have a 2009 NT pajero and am wanting to increase the ball

Customer Question

I have a 2009 NT pajero and am wanting to increase the ball load rating for towing our caravan. I have 200kg constant load rated coils as well as air bags fitted in the rear. This was all fitted when there was only 1300km on the clock.
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: This is all ARB suspension Old Man Emu with OME shocks as well.
JA: What year is your Caravan?
Customer: The car has 183K km now and the caravan isa few weeks old.
JA: Are you fixing your Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The caravan is brand new.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know if I can get a towball weight upgrade.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

so it looks like you have done all the upgrades as far as suspension goes, and when you say weight upgrade are \you talking about the class of tow rating your hitch can handle?