Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Oh brother lol replaced fuel selenoid original code from 3…

Customer Question
Oh brother lol...

Oh brother lol replaced fuel selenoid original code from 3 yrs a go- car has been prone to not start within 3=15-30 minutes of 2nd start of day- say like at lunchI replaced the cam sensor which actually made car not able to idle Put original sensor back in and car ran fine until yesterday car will not turn over feels like no gas to ignite sorry for the long book

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

1998 eclipse gst

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eclipse yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just did the 2 min diy cam sensor which was a joke garage said it needed cam sensor plus a cam positioning sensor which requires timing belt removal ect- i purchased the the easy fix myself cam positioning sensor which didn't work - so i figured let's fix the original code which was the fuel pressure solenoid well here i am

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?

No miles r 133k purchased car @ 117k

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
9/9/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 8 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, the first step is to test the fuel pressure. I will need the engine size to tell you the fuel pressure specifications and how to test the fuel pressure

I'm not a mechanic- was hoping you or someone may have a solution- I'm not able to check fuel pressure

unfortunately there is no instant answer for this as symptoms indicate several possible causes and testing is required. the only other thing you can do is throw parts at it which is an expensive way to go about it

Okay thx

you are welcome

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager