Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2003 Mitsubishi Montero will not move forward or reverse…

Customer Question
My 2003 Mitsubishi Montero...

My 2003 Mitsubishi Montero will not move forward or reverse but it goes into gear smoothly and the engine sounds fine

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

Transmission is 2003. If you are referring to the E brake it is not engaged

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montero yourself? What have you tried so far?

This just happened I have not tried anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The Montero drove perfectly then we parked it and 20 minutes later it will not engage or move

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
9/8/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Mike S., Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., Mechanic

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Is this an auto or manual trans?

Will the vehicle move either forward or reverse in neutral?

Auto transmission it will roll both directions in Neutral and it will roll forward in Drive very slowly but smoothly

have you checked the transmission fluid level yet?

it was checked a few days ago when the oil was changed at a Valvoline oil change location and it was good

When did the problem begin with the no movement in gear?

This morning. my wife pulled out of the driveway and then the car would not move forward

Ok, I think you should check the transmission fluid level again, now.

Ok I will go Check it and let you know

Ok, and make a note the color and smell and if any air bubbles on the dipstick.

Color looked fine no weird smell an no bubbles

What about the fluid level, that is probably the most important?

How was the fluid level?

Don't forget to rate me well, so I get credit. If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.