Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My radio and clock and mirror dome stop working, After

Customer Question
My radio and clock...

My radio and clock and mirror dome stop working

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

After market

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

But all my fuses are good

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Mitsubishi?

02 eclipse gt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eclipse yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm fixing it my self and I just double checked all the connections

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
9/7/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Are you rdy

I am rdy im looking at some diagrams now to see what we need to check, when you checked your fuses did you check them with a volt meter?

All fuses good
It stop working when I was driving
I pulled out the radio and all the connections are good the power button lights up but the radio won't turn on
I tried the radio in my other car and it works fine

So you will ant to verify power and ground on radio connector, does that model have the amp on it?

No amp

check power on 10 white black and 11 red/white, and ground should be though the mounting of the unit, if all that is good you need a radio

The radio works in my other car I tested it

so you have a wiring issue or ground problem

But here is the thing my cig lighter works my power mirrors work everything works but my clock my rear view mirror lights and my radio

so you say you have power then it must be a ground problem I would check all grounds and see if you have any resistance in the circuit

8.8 omhs

wow you want about .005 max

Doug
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician