Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have been having problem with front brakes system on my…

Customer Question
hello, I have been having...
hello, I have been having problem with front brakes system on my 2001 montero xls 3.5l sound like grinding in the passenger side and I already replace the caliper and only got little better . you already helped me to diagnostic a bad brake pump and send the unit to be rebuilt!! one of my question is if you can only bleed the brake system with special tool or you can do it the old fashion way pumping the brake pedal ?thanks
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
9/6/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech replied 11 months ago
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech

Hi welcome to just answers my name is Ricardo. you should be able to bleed the hydraulic system manually as any conventional brakes are bled no need for scanner, you will need to depressurize the system first by pumping the brakes at least 20 times with ignition key off , this will release pressure from the anti lock accumulators and allow you to manually bleed the system. Do not turn the key to the on position any time while manually bleeding the brakes.

ok after you do that you need another person to pump the pedal the old fashion way 3 to 4 times to get the air out? and also when the vehicle is on the road I get some bounce vibration on the passenger side tire I do not know if the ABS system may be bad I have also replace the ABS sensors in the wheels thanks.

If you get a re bounce vibration from the right side check the shock absorbed they are known for having problems. check the tone wheel form the speed sensor make sure is not broken this can cause abs problerms

but that vibration is random, may be going fine and suddenly does it and I have only see one sensor on the wheel I do not know if the speed sensor is the same as ABS which is the one by the brake caliper and if you can confirm the procedure of how to bleed front brakes lines and how can I test my ABS sys. or Ineed to take it to a mechanic shop with a scanner tool thanks

is this vibration comes and goes between 40 to 60 mph ?

I do not know if you got my first question but I mentioned that I have replace the passenger side caliper because you can feel and ear like a grinding in the rotor plus the bouncing on the tire thats why I suspect of the ABS or all the system whit motor hydraulic pump it has replace once already thanks

you are going to need to fix one problem before the other seems to me like you are confusing anti lock brake activation with a vibration let me opt out and see if another expert may have seen this problem and has the fix to it. thank you.