Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech
Experience:  Automotive instructor at Porter and Chester institute
14457476

I have a problem with my pajero v80. pitch sound all time

Hi i have a problem with my pajero v80. Hi pitch sound all time and brake icon, abs icon srs icons lights all time. After some time become hard brake pedal. What to you suggest?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do i need complete new master cylinder or just a pump?

Hi welcome to just answers my name is Ricardo. Have you check the codes stored by the computer related to this problems?

if the pedal gets hard after a couple of brakes pedal applied then yes the abs pump may be bad and needs replacing

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They said to be sure replace complete abs hbb unit and it costs too much. Maybe just a pump would be cheaper solution
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I dont speak very well english so prefer in writing, no calls
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I dont know the codes, they said somthing like low pressure and bad motor

yes that's because the hydraulic pump motor is binding causing low pressure to the accumulators, yes you will need a pump

you should not have to replace the master cylinder .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is this pump code 54242? Yesterday it become to normal, no sound an icons but aftet few miles sound and icons came back and later after applying some brakes pedal went hard again

yes that is the code for low accumulator fault do the pump pressure low . the pump is not creating enough volume to the accumulator.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
based on what we chat, the result is that the pump motor is faulty?

yes it is.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you have a nice day.