Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2001 MONTERO STARTER STAYS ENGAGED UNHOOKED START WIRE STILL…

Customer Question
2001 MONTERO STARTER STAYS...

2001 MONTERO STARTER STAYS ENGAGED UNHOOKED START WIRE STILL STAYS ENGAGED BUT BENCH TESTS GOOD

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

SINGLE

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montero yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES INSTALLED REBUILT STARTER 2 DIFFERENT BRANDS

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
8/20/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 10 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, which wire did you remove and it stay engaged - the small yellow wire or the large wire from the battery