Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an apparent leak in my driver's side (front)... the…

Customer Question
Hi! I have an...

Hi! I have an apparent leak in my driver's side (front)... the carpet was pretty well soaked on the bottom... I have tried using a hose to detect the leak... no success... It's a Mitsubishi 2004 Galant... any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?

I don't know about the hoses... Warm Florida weather (raining most days)

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Galant yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried removing the cowl so I could clean underneath in case it's the A/C drain... but had issues trying to remove it. Today I tried running a hose for a few minutes at different locations on the front of the car (the car is parked on an upward slope, so the leak can't be traveling from the back)

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all I can think of

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mitsubishi
8/5/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Mitsubishi has released a service bulletin dealing with this type of leak and it usually caused by a deteriorated AC drain hose and when this happens it will cause the water to drain into the driver side floor. The fix calls for adding a 90 degree extension hose. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below for your review. I suspect this is the source of your leak as well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Drain%20Hose%20Aug%205.pdf