sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

My ASC off button came on, along with my service engine soon

Customer Question

my ASC off button came on, along with my service engine soon light
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: I do not. It is a 2009 outlander
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Mitsubishi Mechanic to figure that out. Are you fixing your Outlander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only pushing the ASC off switch for a couple of seconds
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the stability control and engine lights both came on at the same time then odds are the stability control light is on due to an engine performance concern. The stability control system relies on the ability to request engine torque as necessary, if there is an engine performance problem that will inhibit that then the light will come on.

There are dozens of possible causes for the issue, odds are there is an electrical problem such as the throttle body or accelerator pedal position sensor. The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool to see what fault codes have set in the ABS module and engine controller, and testing can be done from there based on the findings.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!