Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Key stuck in ignition. I drove the carand then key is stuck…

Customer Question
Key stuck in...

Key stuck in ignition

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Yes I drove the carand then key is stuck in ignition,key is fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

2003 spyder eclipse gt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eclipse yourself? What have you tried so far?

Put car in park reverse,also tried turning wheel,driving more

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It happened before but thenit seemed it fixed it self,today nothing

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mitsubishi
8/1/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. will the key turn to all of the positions and just not able to be removed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Am I going to get an answer here?

ok, the key is your problem, you will need to pull the cylinder out and probably replace it and get a new key cut to the vin.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no it's not because this has happened before,man you guys are terrible

if it happened before its because its not getting any better! you need to replace it or keep having problems. you dont comprehend this?

we arent here to give you terrible information but if you want to keep having problems then dont do anything

so do you want the replacement procedure ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i see why you get one star

it customers that dont understand the systems that give 1 star. and why do you think i have a 99.7 rating my friend.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm baffled because I got the key out and put that wd40 in and now no more problem

exactly. the key and ignition key cylinder are getting wore out.

its only a temporary fix, so if it happens again, please take my recommendation into consideration.

Been doing this for 35 years and Im very rarely wrong. You can take my advice or not. thats on you.

Take care.