Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

Our 08' Endeavor is dying when starting it up and trying to…

Customer Question
Our 08' Endeavor is...

Our 08' Endeavor is dying when starting it up and trying to let it idle while in the driveway or at a stop light. if we give it gas it stays running. we thing it maybe a fuel pressure regulator or something else we haven't thought of yet?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?

122k just 3 weeks ago was the last service

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Endeavor yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are fixing it ourselves. blown out the air filter and cleaned everything out. we went through a small grass field and got some wheat particles all in the motor area and the car worked fine on the way home but once we restared it started to act up

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mitsubishi
7/29/2017
Mitsubishi Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 6 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you havent done this yet, take a shop rag with brake or carburetor cleaner sprayed on it and wipe out the throttle body bore and plate to clean any debris and carbon from it.Carbon build up in the throttle body was the most common cause for this issue here.

If this was already done and did not take care of this issue let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician