Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I can't see how to get to the cam position sensor on my 2002

Customer Question

I can't see how to get to the cam position sensor on my 2002 Montero sport 3.0 liter to replace it.
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Mitsubishi Montero Sport. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: That's all
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Jeromy Madison replied 2 months ago.

It is located in the front of the engine under the timing belt cover.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That s the bigger 3.5 liter engine. My 2002 sport has the smaller 3.0 liter engine. The cam sensor is located behind the engine block. I don.t see how I can get to it without remov eing the top half is f th engine. I need to know how you are suoosed to get to that sensor

I am sorry according to the service manual they are both located in on front of engine below left camshaft.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You need a more accurate service manual. Google 2002 montero sport 3.0!L cam position sensor and you will see what I mean.

Yes, it is where I told you it is. I am sorry I see the same information online as well.

Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

Hello!

Different expert here.

Did you still need help?

Can you tell me the color wires going to your cam sensor please?